February 27, 2018
Papaya’s Monthly Social Media Snapshot
Each month, we do the tough work to bring you the top social media stats and news that affect the hospitality industry. Here’s the #downlow for January.
Australian Social Media Rankings – January 2018
- Facebook – 15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
- YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month (UAVs)
- Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/Instagram data)
- WordPress.com – 5,700,000
- WhatsApp – 5,000,000 Active Australian Users
- LinkedIn – 4,200,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Instagram has now launched number of profile views for business pages, making it easier to track the visibility to consumers
- There has been an increase in the use of Instagram stories. A study has found that over 300 million people use Instagram Stories each month. This is over 50 million more than Snapchat.
- Instagram is starting a new version of story ads where you can include three photos or videos instead of the standard one.
- You can now follow hashtags on Instagram!
- Live stream is expected to explode throughout 2018. More and more businesses are using live stream to show off their business and keep followers interested.