Papaya’s Monthly Social Media Snapshot
Each month, we do the tough work to bring you the top social media stats and news that affect the hospitality industry. Here’s the #downlow for July.
Australian Social Media Rankings – June 2018
1. Facebook – 15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
2. YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month (UAVs)
3. Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
4. Snapchat – 6,300,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
5. WhatsApp – 6,000,000 Active Australian Users
- Instagram TV has launched and big brands like BuzzFeed are already embracing the new vertical format and 60 minute duration. IGTV is perfectly suited for longer form content including recipe videos, interviews and more!
- Select brands are now able to use shopping tags within Instagram Stories, so users can be redirected to their website even quicker. A sticker with a shopping bag icon will allow users to see more details about the featured product.
- Instagram Emoji sliders for voting – why give something a rating of 1 to 10 when you can go from sad face to happy face?
- Facebook Clear History will allow people to easily clear their entire Facebook history, causing headaches for fans of retargeting adverts.
- Instagram is cracking down on fake followers and Instagram pods (secret groups that jack the algorithm by commenting on each other’s posts). Partnering with authentic influencers’ is more important than ever to avoid the backlash.