March 23, 2017
Papaya’s Monthly Social Media Snapshot
Australian Social Media Rankings – February 2017
- Facebook – 17,000,000 users (up 1 million since last update)
- YouTube – 15,000,000
- WordPress.com – 5,100,000
- Instagram – 5,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
- Snapchat – 4,000,000 DAILY Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
- Tumblr – 4,000,000
- LinkedIn – 3,600,000
- WhatsApp – 3,100,000 Active Australian Users (30% increase since 2015)
- Twitter – 2,800,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- TripAdvisor – 2,800,000
Source: Social Media News
- On February 20, Snapchat officially began selling Spectacles online. The video-recording sunglasses can now be purchased online in the U.S. for $129.99. No word on when they’ll be available in Aus but PC News predicts we may see them down under before the year is out.
- In other Snapchat news, new reports released by Snapchat have revealed that more than a quarter of Australians with smart phones check into Snapchat daily… #watchthisspace
- Facebook has announced plans to provide data for ads that will reveal the milliseconds that ads are on users screens, allowing us to see whether people are paying attention to our boosted content or not.
- Last month Instagram introduced the ability to share up to 10 photos and videos in one post and users can now swipe through the individual pieces of content like a slideshow.
- Lastly, the amount of active daily users on Facebook has increased by 2,000,000 in Aus since January. The population of Australia was last recorded as 23,000,000.