Over the years Papaya has sat down with the top food editors from the trendiest publications, and we’ve compiled their top tips for killer PR events that have legs in the top publications.
People want to see the value of an event or activity so it’s important to be detailed about ‘what you get’ in your public relations pitch and media release. Hot tip: if it’s a free activity, your desirability factor to food media goes up A LOT.
Drool worthy imagery is crucial! Firstly, the photos must showcase what is to be expected at the event whether that be an oozy truffle croissant or a colourful cocktail – this is your chance to promote it!! Professional food photography is not a waste because you will be able to use these images across your social media platforms as well. All photos must be hi-res and landscape.
Think of creative concepts that play on people’s passion points. Media want ideas that will take people from social media to their site so unique and shareable content is crucial. Think mini Gelato Messina cakes, yes please!
– Depend on saturated days of the year to promote your offering. PR around Mother’s Day or Father’s Day can be great or a flop considering so many hospitality businesses are touting these occasions. DO however, think of something a bit different and there’ll be many ‘round up’ opportunities available of best places to celebrate in Sydney.
– Use cliché words in your PR media pitches such as ‘unique’ and ‘iconic’ (these words are used almost by everyone in the hospitality and PR industry and won’t make your offering stand out!)
– Does the event speak or reinforce your brand?
– Does the event match that of the objectives of your overall business?
– Will you look back on this event in 10 years and cringe? (in other words, is the event /activity timeless to your business?)
As social media marketers and public relations experts we have some great strategies that can gain your campaign visibility and direct reach within a community Facebook page, whether your launching a new restaurant, venue or pub. Contact us to chat about how we can support you or have a look at some of our work to see the results we deliver.