Aaaand the Papaya top 5 for June is here! We’re back with the social media goods, and there’s changes to Facey and Insta (perhaps explains the recent Instagram outage?!) From new publishing tools on Facebook to a karaoke-style update on Instagram, stay put for some epic 5 social media updates that you need to know about.
Australian Social Media Rankings – May 2019
1. Guilty of deleting a post straight after publishing? Updates are coming soon to Facebook’s publishing tools. Facebook users will be able to ‘preview’ a post before publishing, which helps users to pick up typos, awkward formatting or even the wrong uploaded image!
2. Facebook page owners, here’s an alert for you! Facebook has announced that they will be removing certain fields from Business Pages from August, 1 2019. They will be removing features from the Page Info section which includes Company Overview, Affiliation and Personal Interests. Facebook recommends that page owners should revisit this section and add this information to their Page Description before it’s removed.
3. Hey Mr. DJ, play that song for me! Instagram continues to build their music features and now users can add lyrics to their Stories. This one is perfect for the serial Instagram user who loves to belt out some tunes, no matter how bad or good!
4. Facebook has launched Avatars in Australia. Similarly to Bitmoji, Facebook users can now create their own personalised virtual look alike. Users can ditch generic emojis and opt into these self-expressive stickers within Messenger and comments
5. We all have busy lives, so Instagram and Facebook are adding helpful tools for small businesses. Both platforms have introduced appointment booking tools and users can make direct bookings through the app and removes all the hard work such as a Google search, heading to a website or worse, a phone call (gasp!).