Australian Social Media Rankings – February 2019
1. Facebook – 15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
2. YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month (UAVs)
3. Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
4. WhatsApp – 7,000,000 Active Australian Users 5. Snapchat – 6,400,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
1. Instagram is taking its consumer experience to the next level by testing out e-commerce features such as buying products without leaving the app. Now that’s a one-stop shop destination!
2. Say good-bye to Google Plus! Launched in 2011, Google decided to shut down its short-lived social network on April 2, 2019. Make sure to delete those Google+ social buttons off your website!
3. Instagram has added a quiz feature to its stories. Introducing Instagram quiz stickers, a multiple – choice question sticker for stories. Similar to the poll sticker, this allows users to be more interactive with their stories, allowing up to 4 answers within one question.
4. Are you haunted by how many likes you get on your Instagram post? Instagram is testing out ways on hiding the like count on users posts to reduce the pressures of social media and the affect it has on personal wellbeing.
5. Facebook will be removing its Messenger codes from August 15, 2019. The Messenger camera will no longer support or scan Messenger codes. Businesses that use Messenger codes within their marketing strategy will have to seek alternatives such as QR Code Generator.