August 14, 2017
Papaya’s Monthly Social Media Snapshot
Australian Social Media Rankings – July 2017
- Facebook – 17,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
- YouTube – 15,500,000 UAVs
- WordPress.com – 5,500,000
- Instagram – 5,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
- WhatsApp – 4,500,000 Active Australian Users
- LinkedIn – 4,200,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Snapchat – 4,000,000 DAILY Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
- Tumblr – 3,800,000
- Twitter – 3,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Tinder – 2,700,000 Australian users
- Business profiles on Instagram are increasing in sophistication with the ability to target those who have interacted with a linked business profile Instagram in testing.
- Facebook modifies the ability to edit posts with links on Facebook in a bid to decrease misleading information. You can no longer change the image, title or text on Facebook when you post a news article or link.
- Snapchat’s new ‘Paperclip’ function lets users link websites through their snaps, which could open up a way to advertise through Snapchat.
- Facebook experiments with “Explore Feed” which produces content for uses that they might not yet have seen but could be interested in. This includes showing articles, posts and pages that are similar to what they already follow, to assist in promoting content users may like.
- Oneplus phone company (mobile phone hardware) is coming to Australia putting pressure on Apple and Samsung